"The only journey is the one within."
- Rainer Maria Rilke
Jon is a registered psychotherapist, mindfulness educator and the founder of Conscious Beginnings. He works with clients struggling with anxiety, stress, depression, trauma and self-esteem issues. He is also an associate of Mindfulness Works Australia, one of the leading mindfulness training organisations in Australia & New Zealand.
As part of his psychotherapy training, Jon participated in a two year group therapy which provided incredible opportunities to discover and heal deep traumas and unconscious reaction patterns. Upon graduation, he continued self-exploration and healing through individual therapy (Gestalt and ACT) for another two years. He believes that it is of utmost importance to discover, heal and understand oneself before being able to help others.
Jon has been practising meditation and mindfulness for over 10 years and it became an essential part of his daily life. Mindfulness helps him to live in the moment and be fully present with people he works with.
His passion for consciousness took him to shamanic retreats in the jungles of Amazon, deep experiences through breathwork, and many silent meditation retreats. Jon draws upon these experiences to help clients raise their level of consciousness and transform their lives.
He currently lives in Brisbane and runs individual, group and corporate mindfulness courses and trainings in addition to his private practice. He also run the free Mindfulness Circle Brisbane since October 2014.
• Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Applied Psychotherapy (JNI)
• Member of Australian Counselling Association (ACA) No. 4160
• Bachelors of Arts in Economics (University of Texas at Austin)
• Master of Economics (Ludwig Maximilian University)
• The Science of Happiness (University of California, Berkeley)
• Gestalt Therapy Seminar with Michael Reed - Jansen Newman Institute (JNI)
• Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) training with Russ Harris
• Mindfulness and Meditation Courses (e. g. Vipassana Meditation)
• Family and Systemic Constellation training with Margarete Koenning
• Conscious Communication training
• Hearing Voices – a simulated training experience with Arana Pearson
• Understanding the Role of Trauma in Mental Illness with Peter Bullimore
• Culture and Mental Health (Schizophrenia Fellowship of NSW)
• Alchemy of Breath Workshops with Anthony Abbagnano
• Breath Workshops with Lena Kristina Tuulse (International Breathwork Foundation)
• "I am Light" Seminar with Dr. Wayne Dyer
• Mindfulness Seminar with Dr. Alan Wallace
• "An evening" with Eckart Tolle
Lyndi Smith is a Brisbane-based mindfulness trainer with Mindfulness Works Australia and is a qualified mindfulness meditation teacher (BSY). She is trained in both secular and traditional mindfulness and runs Mind With Heart Australia, a charity taking mindfulness into schools and working closely with the Department of Education on a $250,000 research programme using mindfulness for teacher well-being.
Lyndi worked as a teacher for 15 years and started practising mindfulness near burn out ten years ago. Thanks to mindfulness, Lyndi now enjoys a happier, more balanced quality of life. She has racked up over 3,000 hours of practice and is committed to ongoing practice and professional development.
Lyndi has taught mindfulness for five years and has led over thirty mindfulness-and-compassion-based programmes with schools and organisations including the Dept. of Education, Queensland Police, Teachers Health Fund and Excite Media.
Not in Brisbane?
Conscious Beginnings offers individual counselling and mindfulness training on Skype or over the phone, in the comfort of your home.
© 2014 Conscious Beginnings. All Rights Reserved. | Designed and powered by Alex Devray